The Canon VIXIA HF G30 Full HD Camcorder shoots 1920 x 1080p Full HD video at 60 fps in either AVCHD or web-friendly MP4 format. It also supports Native 24p Progressive Mode recording, which will give your footage a more cinematic look. You can use built-in Cinema-Looks Filters to enhance that ""film"" look as well. The HF G30 is equipped with a Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens with an 8-Blade Circular Aperture for more professional-looking video and stills. The lens provides a 26.8 - 576mm (35mm equivalent) focal length and a manual focus ring that can easily be set to control the zoom instead. The camera also provides a 2.91MP Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor and DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor for wide dynamic range and improved low-light performance.
The HF G30 records directly to dual SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slots. You can record to just one or both simultaneously using different formats. The dual card slots also support Relay Recording, which automatically switches video recording to the second memory card when the first one runs out of storage space. For steady shooting in a variety of conditions, the camera offers SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization with Dynamic Image Stabilization. This feature enables five-axis correction to correct camera shake throughout the full range of motion. For shot preview and image playback, the HF G30 is outfitted with a 3.5"" OLED capacitive touch display and a 0.24"" tiltable color LCD viewfinder.
The HF G30 also provides dual-band Wi-Fi technology that lets you share your videos quickly, using a variety of methods. You can use compatible wireless networks, wireless hotspots or iOS mobile devices to share footage. The free Canon Movie Uploader app is required for video sharing with an iOS mobile device. You can also use Wi-Fi to back up and quickly transfer files. Plus, Canon provides the free iMAGE GATEWAY online photo storage service for uploading footage to social networking sites.
Canon equipped the HF G30 with a number of professional shooting functions and advanced display features as well. Whether you require Focus Assist, Zebra Pattern, Color Bars, Test Tone or a range of composition aids, the HF G30 has the tools to help you shoot like a professional. Some of the camera's other features include Audio Scene Select, headphone and microphone jacks, HDMI connectivity and a Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe that supports attachment of a variety of shooting aids including lights and microphones.
- Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens
- The VIXIA HF G30 has a Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens that features a 35mm equivalent focal length of 26.8 - 576mm with a minimum object distance of just 23.6"" (60cm). The lens uses aspherical lens technology to achieve low chromatic aberration and high resolution, while maintaining a compact form factor. Super spectra coating technology lowers flare and ghosting as well.
- 8-Blade Circular Aperture & Hybrid Focusing System
- The Canon 20x HD Video Lens also features an 8-Blade Circular Aperture that reduces the ""starburst"" effect found in camcorders with non-circular apertures. The result is a more appealing circularly blurred background in the out-of-focus areas. This feature is bolstered by a manual focus ring, which allows more accurate control. For extra flexibility, the manual focus ring can be set to control zoom instead. Besides manual focusing, the camera supports a Hybrid AF with Instant AF or Medium AF, Normal AF, Face Priority AF and Face Only AF.
- AVCHD & MP4 Recording Formats
- The VIXIA HF G30 supports MP4 recording at up to 35Mbps and AVCHD recording at up to 35Mbps. Both formats support Full HD 1080/60p resolution. Plus, images captured at 60 frames per second means that diagonal noise is mostly eliminated - even when shooting fast moving subjects. The camera also supports enhanced color and tonal gradation.
- Native 24p Progressive Mode
- The VIXIA HF G30 features a Native 24p Progressive Mode that allows 24 frames per second to be captured and recorded (instead of the standard 60i). This provides a more cinematic look.
- Slow-Motion & Fast-Motion Recording
- The VIXIA HF G30 allows you to add a fast or slow motion effect to your captured video by letting you record in a different frame rate than the one you use for playback. You can speed up your video 250% or slow it down to 40% without any loss in image quality.
- Built-in Dual-Band Wi-Fi
- Built-in (5 or 2.4 GHz) dual-band Wi-Fi technology lets you share your HD video through compatible networks, wireless hotspots and iOS mobile devices using the free Canon Movie Uploader app. Transfer files to selected FTP servers for back up or when a quick transfer is necessary. Share videos over the Internet with Canon's free iMAGE GATEWAY online photo storage service as well. You can even watch videos stored on the camera's memory cards directly on your living room TV, or use your PC or mobile device to browse remotely through the previously recorded videos stored on your camcorder, without connecting a cable. The Remote Browse function uses a standard web browser and does not even require a special app.
- Remote Operation Through Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi technology also allows for remote control of key camcorder controls, such as recording start/stop and zoom (in three different speeds), exposure functions (iris, shutter speed, gain and more) and focus settings.
- LANC Control
- The camcorder features a 2.5 mm stereo mini jack LANC port, under the HDMI out connector. This is an input for LANC control only.
- Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor
- The VIXIA HF G30 is equipped with a 2.91MP Full HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor. It provides pixels that are significantly larger and more sensitive than the ones found in most consumer camcorders. This facilitates more light capture, which enables you to capture high-quality video with wide dynamic range - even in dimly lit conditions.
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
- The VIXIA HF G30 incorporates Canon's high-definition DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor, which helps enable better low-light shooting with brighter, noise-free images even in dark scenes. Plus, dramatically increased processing power lets you record in both easy-to-share MP4 and AVCHD formats simultaneously.
- OLED 3.5"" Capacitive Touch Display
- The touch-sensitive Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) panel on the VIXIA HF G30 supports capacitive touch responsiveness and clear image playback thanks to 1,230,000 dots of resolution. Touch operation also affords more fluid control of camera functions like Touch and Track, Touch Focus and Touch Exposure.
- Tilt Electronic 0.24"" Color LCD Viewfinder
- The VIXIA HF G30 features a 0.24"" color LCD electronic viewfinder with approximately 100% field of view coverage and 1,560,000 dots of resolution. It can be tilted up to 45° from its normal resting position as well, which enables more shooting freedom. Settings can even be adjusted with a handy joystick so you don't have to stop looking through the viewfinder. And, because it is positioned where your thumb naturally rests while holding the camera, you can shoot and adjust easily - even with one hand.
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots with Relay Recording
- The VIXIA HF G30 allows you to record video directly to widely available SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards with capacities ranging from 32GB all the way up to 2TB. They are available in ultra-fast reading and writing speeds that make it easy to share video. Plus, dual slots on the VIXIA HF G30 enable Relay Recording. The camcorder automatically switches to the second memory card when the first one becomes full, so there's no need to worry about running out of recording time.
- Simultaneously Record in AVCHD & MP4 Formats
- Using the power of the DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor, the VIXIA HF G30 camcorder can simultaneously record video in AVCHD format to one SD card and MP4 format on the other SD card. The widely used MP4 format provides quick, conversion-free playback on tablets and smartphones, and lets you upload videos directly to social networking sites for easy sharing. AVCHD is perfect for watching videos on an HDTV or archiving them to Blu-ray discs. The camcorder also has a built-in transcoding function that converts AVCHD files to MP4, or from MP4 to MP4 across memory media, making them easy to upload to the web or save to an SD card.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer with Dynamic Image Stabilization
- Canon's SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer corrects camera shake instantly. The power of the DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor also supports an improved Dynamic Image Stabilization mode. In addition to providing continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broad range of motion, with extra compensation applied at wide-angle focal lengths, the system also stabilizes rotational camera shake to ensure smoother, distortion-free video - even while walking and shooting.
- High-Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery
- The VIXIA HF G30 is powered by a higher capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack that lets you shoot longer. It also features intelligent technology that accurately indicates remaining battery time down to the minute.
- Linear PCM Audio Recording
- The VIXIA HF G30 supports pro-quality 16-bit LPCM audio recording for enhanced sound fidelity. This format is also fully compatible with both video-editing and audio-editing software. LPCM is supported only in 28 and 24Mbps recording modes.
- Audio Scene Select
- Audio Scene Select offers five modes that automatically optimize settings based on the recording situation. This makes it easy to record more realistic, immersive audio in a range of situations.
- Optional Canon WM-V1 Wireless Microphone
- This Canon camcorder works with a range of accessories including Canon's WM-V1 Wireless Microphone, which streams audio wirelessly from subjects up to 164' (50m) away. It's ideal for when you're shooting talking subjects from far away. Plus, it can also be used as a stand-alone transceiver to cue shooting and more.
- Focus Assist
- To enhance focusing capability, the VIXIA HF G30 features Focus Assist. Normally found in professional cameras, this feature helps you to capture subjects in razor-sharp focus. It works by providing a 2x magnification of your subject, which is automatically cancelled when you start recording.
- Zebra, Color Bars, Test Tone
- The VIXIA HF G30 has a range of functions designed to pinpoint focus adjustment and exposure control for professional-level quality. Zebra pattern indicates ""blown out"" or high brightness areas to help you set proper exposure. Color Bars and Test Tone can be selected and recorded in order to adjust video and audio quality.
- Composition Aids
- With the integrated Level Marker feature, it's easy to keep the camcorder level for more accurate framing. There's also a Grid Marker that provides a reference grid in your viewfinder. The Grid Marker is also available in two different colors for better viewing contrast.
- Versatile Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe
- The integrated Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe allows you to attach optional Canon accessories, such as the VL-5 Video Light, VFL-2 Video Flash Light, DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone or SM-V1 5.1-Channel Surround Microphone. However, on the VFL-2, only the video light function is supported.
- Video Snapshot
- Video Snapshot allows you to record a series of short video clips - or select your favorite clips while in Playback Mode - and then blend in your favorite background music to create a movie with music. This feature also allows selectable recording time of 2, 4 or 8 seconds. Plus, audio from an external source such as an MP3 player can be played along with the Snapshot movie, and playback can be controlled from that source.
- Cinema-Look Filters
- The camera also has nine distinct built-in Cinema-Look Filters. These adjustable filters give your footage the look of a variety of cinematic styles by compensating for the color, gamma and other aspects of the image's quality. The looks can even be previewed in the LCD display while shooting. The nine filter options include: Cinema Standard, Cool, Dramatic Black and White (B&W), Dream, Memory, Nostalgic, Old Movies, Sepia and Vivid
- Programmed AE
- The camera's Programmed AE exposure modes include: Smart Auto, P, Tv, Av, M (Manual exposure) and SCN (Portrait, Sports, Night, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks). When using Cinema Mode, the camera supports P, Tv, Av, M exposure options.
|7-9 Business Days||$0.00|
|4-6 Business Days||$39.95|
|3 Business Days||$79.95|
|2 Business Days||$119.95|